Keith Everett

Teaching Online Marketers How To Create A Dream Lifestyle

NEGATIVE People, How to Avoid The Family Negatrons

Negative people. You know the feeling. You get all exited about your brand new home based business when POW!… out of the blue comes a sucker punch.. Someone in your family doesn't share your enthusiasm for your new venture.

It could be your spouse, partner, mum, dad, it could be anyone..

So what are you going to do about negative people?. Are you going to let them talk you out of your dream?. NO, of course not. Here's what you really need to do when negative family try to rain on your parade..

So what makes a member of the family go into negative overdrive when they see you starting a new business or going after a new career?

Well, this could be for a number of reasons. The most common one is they don't want to see you “disappointed” or “wasting your time”. however some reasons may be a little more “dark”

1) It is possible that as you move out of your “comfort zone”, this can also make a partner feel uncomfortable. It's hard to explain but when people get comfortable with their life they don't always like to see people, especially those closest to them, to be “rocking the boat”..

2) The “fear” factor. A partner or spouse may fear your success on the basis that if you do become successful, you may not need them as much. Partners can feel “left out”. And may think that you are more interested in that business, than you are in them..

3) They think you are wasting money. Maybe money is tight and they think you are wasting it. Not everyone understands that you have to speculate to accumulate.

So, how can you change their point of view?

1) The first and probably the most important is to include them in the business as much as possible. Let them know that it will improve their life too and if you can , bring them along to a company event. Show them people online who are already getting results.

2) Get a result yourself. If you can get a sale pretty quick out of the gate you might start turning things around fairly quickly. Once a spouse or partner starts to hear the Cha Ching of money coming in, you'll be surprised at how it can switch things around in someone's head.

3) Explain things. Let your partner or spouse know what exactly you do in that “other room” for two and a half hours each evening.

4) Show them that you are determined to see it through no matter what. I have found that the only way to get a result in this life is to be “unstoppable”. You can't let people impose their will on you, or you yourself can end up regretting not “following through”..

Regret is a terrible thing. It can haunt you forever. It's better to try and fail than never try at all, but remember failure is only failure if you give up. Fail forward and get a result, it's the only way. Winners are the people who make the most mistakes but come out winning anyway..

If this post helped you, please leave a comment below.

Peace and prosperity always

PS. The Law of Attraction can bring you anything you want in life if you are prepared to learn how to use it properly. Click here  to get everything you need to know about the universal secret of health, wealth, freedom, joy, and life-changing, abundance!

PPS People who found this page useful, also found this page useful too

FREE Report For YOU

3-crazy-white

GRAB This CRAZY! FREE Report NOW,

And get 5-10 Leads a Day, CRASHING into your Inbox.

Your Privacy is important to me. I will not share your email address.

31 Comments

1. I’ve encountered negativity from people who are challenged with me stretching myself outside of my comfort zone because it makes them realize how comfortable, and often times miserable, they are. I like your positive solutions!

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 21, 2016 at 11:15 am

Thanks Traci. It’s very had when it’s family or friends giving you the negative vibes but involving them more can be the solution or of course getting results yourself is always a good way to get people round to your way of thinking..

2. Lots of great tips here Keith. My favorite is “getting a result”. It’s harder to put down proof!

3. This is so absolutely true Keith, thanks for sharing! Over the years, we’ve seem those same negatrons all of a sudden begin to support leaders when they start seeing success and say “I knew you could do it” lol don’t ya want to say where was this person before?

Great share!

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 21, 2016 at 5:57 pm

LOL! amazing isn’t it, people put you down till you prove them otherwise then they want to be with you on the gravy train…

4. Great post! I like the tip of sharing what you do with your spouse. My husband could not understand why I spent so many hours in our home office, even at night. Now he understands that it takes time to build your brand. Thanks for sharing.

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 21, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Absolutely Tequila, rather than go on the offensive I think it’s important to be inclusive with your partner. I’ve had people in my team invite their partner to company events before with amazing results..

5. Thanks Keith. I think everyone of us faces this type of negativity during our lives and we have to remain steadfast in our beliefs in what we are doing. If I had listened to my family years ago, I wouldn’t have the lifestyle I now have. I took risks, yes but it proved to be worth every second. Thanks for sharing.

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 21, 2016 at 5:54 pm

For sure Lynda, we can’t afford to let others steer us in the direction of their negativity..

6. I’m very fortunate to have supporting family and partners who allowed me to follow my ‘dreams’ and make them come to life. Looking back though, I can identify that it was only my own mindset that held me back from greatness.

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 21, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Yes, for sure Peter. It starts and ends with us and how we think and behave, but negative people can affect you,so I tend to steer clear of them if I can..

7. Negative people will suck the air out of a room… This is something that just has to be handled in our lives or it will cause so many challenges… great post Keith…thanks for sharing this

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 21, 2016 at 5:52 pm

You’re right, they will suck the air out of the room. I try to stay away from anyone negative, obviously it’s a bit harder if it’s family…

8. Great post Keith.. I hate to see relatives run from me…

9. People dump their negativity in your ear and then go their way not thinking about how they may been effecting you! Don’t allow it! Great post!

10. Great post Keith. I am so thankful that my family members are very supportive of what I am doing. Thanks for sharing….

11. Thanks for sharing Keith! At times, family members are negative, not because they don’t want you to succeed, but they don’t want you to leave. Thanks for this. I love “you got to speculate to accumulate”.

12. Hi Keith,

Great post! I have dealt with so much negativity about my decision to become an online marketer from my family and even my own kids……I know it can be difficult to stay upbeat and positive when “no one” around you (especially your family) supports what you do for work.

Here is how I deal with the negativity:
    1. I focus on what I need to do to present my brand with tons of integrity and authority so that people become attracted to “me” and I learn new skills to help me to make the kind of money that I want to make .
    2. I ignore it and continue to build my business online because I know I am on the right road that will lead me to where I want to be.

As online marketers we will all experience negativity and it is in how we deal with that that will determine how successful we become 🙂

13. I Love The part where you let us know that we can not allow others to impose their will on us, especially when, Our will Is OUR Life 🙂

14. Great post Keith!

You need to limit the negative people in your life and surround youself with people who celebrate you and not tolerate you

Dr. Lisa

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 22, 2016 at 9:10 am

Absolutely Lisa, I unplugged from the Matrix (TV) years ago because of all the negativity on there. And I tend to be around positive people most of the time..

15. Really enjoyed the post Keith, I’ve ran into a few negative people but I have surrounded myself with more positive people now and do daily personal development, which helps.

• Keith Everett (The Victory Tribe)

January 22, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Absolutely, Personal Development is a great way to keep negativity at bay. Thanks for stopping by.

16. I never had the need to involve family in my home business. Keeping simple. Doesnt matter what they think I would guess.

Good post