Les Brown was, and still is one of the best loved motivational speakers in the World. Once married to Gladys Knight (remember her and her pips?), Leslie Calvin Brown, born 1945 is a former politician, Radio DJ and TV host.
I’ve been following Les ever since I was a teenager and bought many of his tapes (yes, we had tapes back then), CD’s and Books. There is something “Magical” about Les Brown.
Out of all the Motivational speakers I have ever come across, Les Brown for me speaks with pure “Soul”. His voice is so powerful, yet his words flow into your ears with the tonality of a “kindly Uncle”.
Probably Les’s most famous saying is “You Gotta Be Hungry”… if delivered at full power, this alone could wake anyone up, sleeping in the back row.
15 Amazing Quotes from Les Brown
These are in no particular order, but do leave a comment below and let me know which one/s you like the best.
1. “Other people’s opinion of you, does not have to become your reality”.
2. “Easy is not an option”
3. “If you fall, fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up”
4. “You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances, unless you change”
6. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make”
7. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears”
8. ” Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars”
9. “If you don’t program yourself, life will program you”
10. “Most people fail in life, not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.
11. “You don’t get in life what you want; you get in life what you are.”
12. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.”
13. “People inspire you, or they drain you. Pick them wisely.”
14. “Act the way you want to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.”
15. “You are the only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life.”
Les Brown The Early Days
Les Brown was born with his twin brother, Wesley, in an abandoned building in a low-income section of Miami, Florida. He was subsequently given up for adoption and adopted by Mamie Brown, a 38-year-old single woman who worked as a cafeteria attendant and domestic assistant.
He was declared “educable mentally retarded” (EMR), while in grade school. Despite the self-esteem and confidence loss issues this created, he learned how to reach his full potential with the encouragement of his mother and assistance by a helpful teacher in high school, a key point in many motivational speeches he gives now.
Final note: If you can dream it, you can do it, if Les Brown can overcome so many obstacles in his life and end up on the World stage as one of the top motivational speakers, what can you do?.
If you got value from this post please share it, and do let me know your favourite Les Brown quotes in the comments below
Peace and prosperity
P.S If you Love Les Brown, you’ll LOVE our inspiring community. We teach people how to market online using the Power of Attraction Marketing – Click Here for Details.